- The home has a modern Fire Alarm System fitted, with “Fire Exit Notices” and “Fire Emergency Instruction Notices” displayed at strategic points throughout the home, as advised by the local “Fire Department”.
- Staff are instructed during induction training with regard to the Fire Prevention/Drills Policy this includes use of the homes fire appliances, evacuation, muster points, raising the alarm, etc. Service User’s are informed of the emergency procedure during admission.
- A fire exercise is carried out monthly this ensures all staff and Service Users have a comprehensive understanding of their responsibilities. A full fire drill is conducted monthly which involves evacuation of the home.
- All fire systems and alarms will be tested weekly by staff of the home and 12 monthly by the local Fire Officer. Records are kept of all such testing as part of the Managers responsibilities.
- All fire fighting equipment will be checked annually by a qualified fire extinguisher maintenance engineer.
- Where possible, furniture, fixtures and fittings must be made of fire-resistant of fire-retardant fabrics and materials.